Forms and Handouts
The resources below are provided by third parties and may change from time to time. We
are listing these resources as a helpful reference but cannot take any responsibility for
the information provided on these sites.
Birthing the placenta and bleeding
- Haemorrhage less likely at a planned homebirth compared to planned hospital birth
- Physiological birth should be followed by physiological placenta birth
- Systematic review of the safety of physiological third stage
Vitamin K for newborns
Group B Streptococcus
- The most recent Cochrane review (a systematic review of all available literature) found that intrapartum prophylactic antibiotics for Group B Strep positive women made no difference to the neonatal mortality rate from Group B Strep disease.
Nutrition in pregnancy
- Safety of vaginal breech birth
- Commentary on the “Term Breech Trial” by Maggie Banks
- Spinning Babies
We are currently required under Australian Law (homebirth insurance exemption) to work within the boundaries of these documents.
- Safety and Quality Framework
- Australian College of Midwives Consultation and Referral Guidelines
- Supporting a woman admitted to a public hospital
Other helpful links: